Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Disney World: Animal Kingdom

I'm going to try and only highlight our trip to Disney World, but with over 1000 pictures I think I'll do this in sections!  Whew!  Let's get started!
 
 Here we are safe and sound in the Orlando airport with Grandma & Grandpa to greet us.  The kids actually did fairly well on the flight.  Brandon had loaded plenty of movies and games onto our Kindle, Nexus, a borrowed iPad and his laptop.  I packed lots of snacks and we were set!
 
 Grandpa got each family their own little condo for the week.  They were by far the most comfortable accommodations we've ever stayed in as a family.  Thanks, Grandpa!  Grandma had dinner all ready for everyone as they arrived which was a very welcome sight!  Grandma thought of everything and gave each family an arm load of necessities for the week including laundry detergent, lanyards, and a bunch of other practical stuff to make our stay more comfortable and easy.  You're amazing, Grandma!  All of your worrying paid off!
 
 Our 1st day we spent in the Animal Kingdom.  We've got some pretty excited kids here!
 
Here's our whole group in front of the Tree of Life.  This was the only day we had Kristen with us before she had to go back to college.  Bummer! 
 We all started together on the Animal Safari!  It was pretty cool to get so close to the animals.
 
 Sarah & Jacob enjoyed the animals too!
 
 The little kids loved playing in the sand at a Dino dig.  Here's Grandpa "watching" the kids.  Hmmm . . . I seem to remember Nathan getting lost about then!
 
 Nathan would have played in the sand all day!

 Grandma, Pooh, Jonah, Grandpa & Nathan
 
Jacob, Mom, Sarah & Dad enjoyed the dinosaur ride.  I don't think Sarah saw any of it because she was hiding behind Dad the whole time.  Ashley's family is right behind us and I don't think her girls stopped screaming the whole time.  It was hilarious!

The next day was Sunday.  We went to church with some old friends of my parents, looked at the Orlando temple (the gates were closed and locked so our look was from afar), and had dinner at an awesome, HUGE condo Brittany and Rick got for us to have some large family gatherings in.  It was nice to have a Sunday to adjust our body clocks and get ready for the rest of our exciting week ahead!

No comments: