Monday, February 23, 2009

Weaning

**Please note, if you are male DO NOT READ THIS - especially my dad or brother (oh, horrors)! And Mom, I'm apologizing in advance for my tactlessness. And just so everyone knows, my mother did raise me better than to not publicly post something so personal!

I'M DONE WEANING JONAH!!! I would literally shout it from the house-top if there wasn't snow on my roof, and I'd probably fall off and break my neck! For most of you nursing mothers out there, I know weaning is a sentimental sad time for you as you miss that sweet, quiet time with your baby cradled next to you while he/she nurses at your bosom. You have no idea how badly I have always wanted nursing to be like that for myself. But, alas, nursing is a great and horrible burden to me. I could tell horror stories that would send most first time mom's running away screaming at the thought of nursing their first child (the rest of you already know my stories are NOT the norm). I have had some different and some of the same problems with all three of my children. But the one great blessing I have been granted is an ample supply of milk. (Which is a blessing until the time comes to wean!) So I have been working on weaning for TWO WHOLE MONTHS!!! And now it's FINALLY gone! Today I put on a regular bra, and I can now pull out my button-down shirts from the back of my closet. Ah, bliss! Now I have NO excuse not to diet and exercise! Anyone up for a 6 a.m. jog?

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Congrats! I'm so proud of you for your amazing sacrifice to give your kids the best you can. Great job!

Asherbie said...

That's huge, Man. Way to go, I honestly don't know if I would've\could've done it. You're amazing for sticking it out. Wish you were here to run with me...

Kimber said...

Hooray for no more nursing! I think I'm ready to commit to a running routine. Give me a call and we'll talk about it.