Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Dad

My dad is in the middle receiving his Eagle Scout award.

This week my dad received the Silver Beaver Award from the Boy Scouts of America! I'm so proud of him! His life is a great example of service in the church and to his family. It's nice to see him recognized publicly for being as wonderful as I already knew he was! My dad has always been a great source of wisdom that all of us kids tap into when in need. He studies the gospel of Christ diligently, and has become our walking encyclopedia for church talks and lessons. Because of his example of being a good husband, all of us girls in the family (except for Kristen, but her time will come) have married wonderful men as we have grown to expect a high standard. I feel so blessed to have been raised by such a Christ-like man. Thanks, Dad, for everything. And Happy Father's Day!

No comments: