Friday, June 18, 2010

Vacation at the Hospital?

Wow! Reading my last post I can tell I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant! What a grouch I am! You've gotta feel badly for my poor husband and kids that have to put up with me daily! I know and remember how miserable that last month of pregnancy is, afterall, I've already done this 3 other times. Is it too much to ask to be able to see my ankle bones again? To be able to bend my ankles? They've been swollen for 3 months now. Is it too much to ask to want to sleep on my stomach or even my back would be nice? And, what does it say that I'm looking forward to going to the hospital because at this point it sounds like a vacation? I don't have to cook, clean, watch kids, or change diapers. The nurses are there to take care of the baby, bring me food ON a tray IN bed, and I can nap WHENEVER I want! If I were expecting my 1st or 2nd baby I'd probably be anxious about having a baby and all that comes with it. Maybe I should be more nervous because I know so much can go wrong. But right now, I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore and be waited on hand and foot. It sounds heavenly! Sad, huh?

3 comments:

Circe said...

I can so relate! I could have a baby every day. It's the most euphoric feeling to get to the end of it, have a new person in your family, and get to relax completely! Live it up!

Jennie said...

I know exactly what you mean. Ryan's little sister, Nikki, just had a baby. I wanted to have one too just so I could go to the hospital, have graham crackers and grape juice and lay in bed. Goodluck! May the rest of your pregnancy go well and enjoy every moment of the hospital. I think the people who check out within 24 hours of delivery are CRAZY. Enjoy it lady!

Jennifer said...

I'm with you, but I never got much sleep. First baby the hospital was being remodeled. Construction noise right outside my door! The other times, it aggravated me no end that the nurse checking my vitals and the nurse bringing me my baby to feed could never coordinate. Hey, here's a thought, she's feeding her baby now, why don't we check her temp, etc. at the same time? Nope, let's wait until she's finally fallen asleep again, that'll be more fun.

Still, like Jennie, I think people are crazy to check out so soon. My friend is a labor and delivery nurse and she's seen mothers come in, give birth and leave even before her shift ends.

Take care, Amanda. You're in the home stretch!